Mozilla Firefox for Linux 61.0
Web browser for Linux
- 52,3 MB
Mozilla Firefox is a fast, full featured web browser.
Firefox includes Pop-up Blocker, Tabbed Browsing, Google search integration, simplified privacy management, streamlined browser window that lets you see more pages than other browsers and one A number of features that you can use every time online.
Some updates in Firefox 57.0.4
- Enhanced IME support on Windows (Vista +) uses the TSF (Text Services Framework).
- Can set the avatar for your Firefox account.
- Firefox Hello features chat, messaging.
- It is possible to use the SVG image format as an avatar.
- Improved rendering performance of box-shadow properties.
- WebRTC now requires the Perfect Forward Secrecy (PFS) attribute to increase security.
- WARP is disabled on Windows 7 .
- Improved image decoding with twice the performance on some devices especially when scrolling.
Changes in HTML5:
- Support animated effects for Transform and Opacity properties in the Compositor Thread structure.
- MessageChannel and MessagePort API are enabled by default.
- Added support for SVG's Transform-origin attribute.
- The CSS Loading API is enabled by default.
- Navigator OnLine transforms real Internet connections (Windows, Mac OS X only).
- Implement the Cache API to query named caches that easily access Window, Worker and ServiceWorker.
- Eliminate support for binary XPCOM components in extensions, using the " system / child_process " SDK instead of the original program.
- Network requests can be exported to the HAR format.
- Add new CSS rules quickly with the New Rule button in the Inspector.
- Take screenshot of buttons or an element from the highlighted view with the Screenshot Node context menu.
- Copy the CSS rule declarations with the context menu Copy Rule Declaration in the Inspector.
- Added Pseudo-Class panel in Inspector.
- View the HTML source code in a new tab.
- Image elements are not affected by changes in resize or viewport.
- Fix some other security flaws.
Updated in Firefox 40.0
- Optimal support for Windows 10.
- Adds a new security tool based on Google's Safe Browsing service, which allows users to download "unverified" software as well as warn about unwanted malware.
- Warn if a user misses a site that contains phishing software.
- The browser will suggest new titles in tabs, based on browsing habits and browser history.
- Hello allows adding a link to the chats to provide information related to their topic.
- New style for managing gadgets based on prioritizing the content inside.
- Improved scrolling, graphics, video playback based on merge main streams (GNU / Linux only).
- Improved Graphic blocklist mechanism: Can specify, limit the number of blocking devices in Firefox.
- Extensions that have not been authenticated by Mozilla will display an alert.
- The browser's graphical support is also improved to make scrolling easier on Firefox than before.
- JPEGs use less memory when zoomed out and can be edited quickly.
- Sources that do not require HTTP authentication will therefore protect the user from unintentionally disclosed registry data.
- The performance of the NPAPI Plugin is improved through asynchronous initialization.
Changes in HTML5:
- IndexedDB transactions are currently loosened by default.
- AudioBufferSourceNode.detune helps to adjust the playback speed, the unit of measurement used to measure the music.
- API notifications from SharedWorker and ServiceWorker are displayed in the web console.
- The current exploration will search through all the frames in a page.
- The new rules display the tooltip in the Inspector to refine the CSS Filter values.
- Tools for highlighting the ruler bar on the new page will display smooth horizontal and vertical rules on the same page.
- Kannada does not display correctly in the PDF viewer.
- Bug fix 1137580: Do not use the realloc system in mozjemalloc-exposed _recalloc. r = njn, a = trace.
- Bug fix 1178058: Comes with old branches like r = dveditz, a = dveditz.
- Bug fix 1178058: Do not convert the extension rule to inherit the current rule.
- Bug fix 1179262: Remove PlayPreview from PDF viewer. r = bz a = lizzard.
Update in Firefox 31:
- Add a search field when opening a new tab page (the default search engine is Google).
- Mechanism to detect and block malware when downloading files. This feature is enabled automatically, but you can also turn it off if you want. To do so, go to the default Firefox homepage (click the Home button) =>Settings (in the bottom of the screen) => in the Options window, select the Security => Uncheck the option. Block reported attack sites .
- Support for viewingOGGandPDF filesin the browser if the program does not install the file viewer.
- Allows rearranging control panels available on the browser home page.
- Added the ability to refresh the contents of the sync tabs as required.
- Firefox Hub API API support.
- Added mozilla :: pkix, which works as a certificate library of the website.
- Add the Firefox version for languages: Assam [as], Bengal [bn-IN], Gujarati [gu-IN], Hindi [hi-IN], Kannada [kn], Malayalam [ml], Marathi [mr] , Oriya [or], Panjabi [pa-IN], Tamil [ta], Telugu [te].
- Upgrade to HTML5 support:
- Enables the use and activation of WebVTT.
- Add more CSS3 variables in use.
Update in Firefox 30:
Lock plugins by default:
Mozilla decided to block most plug-ins in Firefox , which meant that users had to manually enable the plug-ins they would like to use in the browser before surfing the web.
However, there are some exceptions, which are the plugins that Mozilla's whitelist. These plugins are widely used by trusted publishers, such as Adobe Flash , Unity , Skype and some McAfree plugins.
GStreamer 1.0 support:
GStreamer is capable of adding H.264 decoders for video and audio, so multimedia content is streamed directly in the browser.
New Sidebar Button:
Users are able to display the bookmarks bar and browsing history in the sidebar on Firefox . To do this, you can do one of two things:
- Press Alt , select View =>Sidebar .
- Use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + B to show bookmarks or Ctrl + H to view your Internet history.
This new Sidebar button is built into the Firefox custom menu , allowing users to drag and drop to place it anywhere in the browser.
Updated in Firefox 29.0.1:
- Bugfix: pdf.js command prints white pages.
- Fixed: Can not see tab when using dark theme theme on Windows 8.1.
- Fix: failed to restore session due to error in sessionstore.js file.
- Bug fix: lock the seer feature by default.
- New Feature Added: New customizable mode helps users personalize the browser according to their usage needs.
- Adds a new, easier-to-use menu in the right hand corner of the Firefox window that supports popular browser controls.
- Allows creating new tabs easily. At the same time, any tab that is not used will automatically reduce the color until the same color with Firefox theme.
- Supports a wizard, introduces the user to new features in the program.
- Addition and Activation of the Official API Gamepad .
- HTTPS used when searching with Yahoo will be personalized under HTTPS in the US.
- Change: Click the W3C Web Notification button to bring the user to the original tab.
Updated in Firefox 29:
An easy-to-see feature in Firefox official version 29 is the change in interface, which is the biggest breakthrough of the browser since 2011.
An easy change is recognizing that the Firefox icon button no longer appears in the top left of the browser; instead, to access the browser options, users need to click on the button with three dashes (same as in Chrome and IE new version) appears on the right of the browser.
Other minor changes include the appearance of the Download Manager button on the toolbar, in the same row as the address bar, and the Forward button will disappear unless you have a web page to forward to.
New sync customization:
The new Firefox Sync feature allows users to synchronize tabs, bookmarks, extensions, preference settings, passwords and browsing history on all Firefox versions regardless of the operating system. You will do this through a Firefox Account , where you can select a username and set a custom password.
Update in Firefox 28:
- Supports VP9 video decoder.
- Allows adjusting volume for video / audio HTML5.
- Support Opus in WebM.
- Use spdy / 3 instead of spdy / 2 has been deleted. Servers that do not support spdy / 3 will be supported with http / 1 without any difficulty.
Update in Firefox 27:
Enhance user experience:
Updates in this new version allow you to have the best surfing experience. Specifically, the new toolbar called Awesome Bar will remember the user's options and propose the most suitable options.
Firefox is built on the very powerful Gecko platform, giving users safer, easier to use and more personalized software.
Safer web browsing:
Firefox has improved the security of browsing the web. This browser protects the user from malware, spyware, viruses, worms, Trojan attacks, and identity theft while browsing the Web.
Customizable upon request:
This browser supports over 5000 extensions. You can configure and use the program as desired.
New feature in Firefox version 26.0:
All Java plugins are by default only loadable upon user requests.
This change means that these plugins do not load automatically. This will improve the security of the connection because the website can not exploit the old plugin code in the previous version However, this is also quite inconvenient for the user.
For example, if you want to watch a video on Firefox , you need to click the activation button to download the plugin. Or you can use the plugin button near the web address input box. In this section, users can allow this plugin to load and watch videos immediately or choose to remember the same actions in the future. The second option will make the user less annoyed with this feature, since after remembering, the browser will automatically load the plugin when you use that website.
All plugins are defaulted with the Ask to Activate option . To change this, users can follow the following instructions:
- Download about: addons in the web address bar.
- Select the plugin that wants to change the activation state. There are three options, Ask to Activate, Never Activate and Always Activate . Click on the last option if you want to download the plugin completely automatically.
The password manager supports password fields generated by the script.
Users can memorize passwords and automatically enter passwords for future use. Remember this feature.
Users can update the software and do not need the consent of the Firefox install directory.
In previous versions, only some users could update the bug fixes. However, in this version, all users can update the changes in the system if your computer installed Mozilla Maintenance Service .
Support for H.264 on Linux if gstreamer plugin is installed.
- Supports MP3 decoding on Windows XP, and MP3 support on all Windows versions.
- CSP supports multiple policies, including policies to strengthen policy and only report (Report-Only).
- When displaying a separate image, Firefox will match the EXIF image orientation information in a JPEG image.
- Fixed text rendering on Windows 7 and Windows 8.1.
- Improve page load times.
- Supports AudioToolbox MP3 tool.
New feature in Firefox version 25.0:
- Web Audio Support
- Show thumbnails of blank pages or pages when opening new tabs
- The search bar is no longer shared between tabs as before
- If the user has not used Firefox for months, the software will suggest using a custom import history and setup from another browser.
- Firefox 's restart will not delete the user's session
- It is based on CSS3 , which controls background movement
- Get more new ES6 features
New features in Mozilla Firefox 24:
- New scroll bar support in Mac OS X 10.7 or later. (New)
- Added tab closure in the right-click menu. This feature makes it easy for users to close a series of unnecessary tabs at the same time except for the tab currently accessed. (New)
- Provide the ability to separate the chat window for private viewing by dragging them out. (New)
- Support to remove the Revocation Lists feature. (Improve)
- Improved performance when loading a new page.
- Improved accessibility to content on embedded tabs.
Features in Firefox version 23.0:
- Enables mixed content locking to protect users from attack and eavesdropping on HTTPS pages. (New)
- The Options menu is created for the Web Developer Toolbox. (New)
- Update Firefox logo.
- Improvements to UI memory functions.
- Simplified interface for plugin installation notification.
- Enable DXVA2 on Windows Vista to accelerate H.264 video encoding.
- Now users can move to the new search engine through the entire browser.
- Execute CSP policies using standard semantics and semantics.
- Load improvements .
- Replace the audio sample with a fixed rate in the webrtc.org code using Speex Resampler and erase the pseudo-44000Hz speed.
- Remove the " Load images automatically " and " Always show the tab bar " boxes from Preferences and return to the defaults.
Features in Firefox version 22.0:
- WebRTC (Web Real-Time Communications) is enabled by default. (New)
- Supports high-resolution widescreen text display (on Windows). (New)
- Show the download progress in the Dock app icon (on a Mac). (New)
- Change the speed of audio / video playback on HTML5. (New)
- Management of social services is done in the Add-ons Manager . (New)
- Improved WebGL rendering capabilities through Asynchronous Canvas updates.
- Text files in the Mozilla Firefox browser are now displayed as Word Wrap .
- To protect the user, object | Components | Unreachable from site content.
- The Lock API cursor can be used externally when in full screen mode.
Features in Firefox 21.0:
- Social API now supports multiple vendors.
- Enhanced three-user interface for Do Not Track (DNT).
- Firefox will suggest ways to improve application startup time if needed.
- Added the ability to restore thumbnails that have been removed on the new tab page.
- No E4X support from Spidermonkey.
- Performance improvements.
- Ability to save multimedia files.
Features in Firefox 20:
- Anti-Malware : Firefox 20.0 has the ability to automatically block users when they visit malicious sites, which contain viruses, worms, trojans and spyware. Specifically, when you accidentally access and the website contains malicious code, the system will display a message that you should not continue and why the site is dangerous.
- Anti-Phishing : Helps users feel safer and more confident when making online transactions. Did you know that Firefox has a mechanism to automatically update the list of phishing sites online up to 48 times per day, thus reducing the risk of paying online with Firefox 20.0 is very high.
- Instant Web Site ID : Do you want to check the safety and legitimate of the website you are visiting? Click on the little icon in the top of the Address box to get an overview of that site.
- Forget This Site : Very simple and easy, we can quickly remove any traces of any website that is not needed anymore.
- Parental Controls : Set permissions and permissions for other users.
- Outdated Plug-In Detection : More convenient to check old plug-ins, need to update to avoid security holes for the browser.
- Clear Recent History : delete all personal information and data in the desired time.
- Private Browsing : work, browse, entertainment or any private work without leaving any information? Just choose Tools> Start Private Browsing or press the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + Shift + P.
- Anti-Virus Software : Firefox easily integrates with Windows security applications, whenever a user downloads any file to a computer, the system automatically scans and checks whether the file is secure or not.
Features in Mozilla Firefox 19.0:
- Built-in PDF viewer.
- The Canvas component can extract content as an image using canvas.toBlob ().
- Improved boot performance.
Features in Mozilla Firefox 18:
- Supports high-definition Retina display on Apple's new MacBook.
- WebRTC support.
- Improved conversion between tabs.
- Experience better image quality with the new HTML replication algorithm.
Features in version 17.0.1:
- Firefox on Mac OS X now supports VoiceOver which is now open by default.
- Fixed security vulnerabilities in 16.0.2.
- Development features Click-To-Play: Click-To-Play is a security feature introduced in Firefox 14 helps you disable all plugins by default, allows activating the plugin manually when you need to it's to access a website.
- Facebook integration : Firefox 17 comes with a built-in Social API that lets you sign in to social networks right in your browser. After activating, you can chat with friends, see notifications, make friends, message in a sidebar on the browser.
- Support for Acholi and Kazakh.